1. Drake
    Drake July 9, 2009 at 2:43 pm |

What an amazing story. It was really really good. Thanks for posting it

2. Jackee Yo
    Jackee Yo July 15, 2009 at 6:25 am |

Happy Birthday Miette! You sound younger by the day. I don’t mean to usurp your guest’s post. Great job guest poster!

3. Raymond Carver’s Feathers | Facilitating Change

[…] a guest on Miette’s podcast of reading awesomness, brings us Raymond Carver’s Feathers. AKPC_IDS += "842,"; Raymond […]

4. Christine
    Christine October 4, 2009 at 11:05 pm |

oh miette i do love your voice so, but patrick leaves me wanting more. god.

miette October 9, 2009 at 9:37 am |

I’m with you Christine. GOD.

6. Robert Nagle
    Robert Nagle October 10, 2009 at 11:00 am |

Great story. You know, you can’t go wrong with Raymond Carver (I’ve never heard this particular story though). Love the details. God, enjoyed the outburst in the middle– surprise, surprise! Great reading too.

7. Some Amazing Podcasts & Video | Idiotprogrammer

[…] Every moment of the story is beautiful, and Miette does as great job reading it. Also good: a reading of Raymond Carver’s Feathers and Kelly Link’s A Specialist’s […]

8. Carole McDonnell
    Carole McDonnell June 16, 2010 at 10:22 am |

Great story. Sexy reader definitely has a sexy voice as well.

miette June 16, 2010 at 10:37 am |

Carole, you’re in luck. Another story guest narrated by Patrick’s Purr is coming next week. Stay tuned.

10. tallulah bell
    tallulah bell May 29, 2011 at 4:47 pm |

I’m a huge fan of short stories (which I understand are at long-last having a resurgence), and this has long been my favorite. Ordinarily analysis is simply part of the reading process, but this is a story that I’ve never wanted to analyze.
    In Feathers there are obvious elements of carver’s voyeurism and his tendency to compare and contrast lives. Beyond that, I try to read it naively, simply savoring the quirky pieces of a magical story: the dental mold, the ugly baby and the beautiful peacock. Thank for including it, and thank you for this website which I luckily stumbled across only yesterday. I love it.

11. sonia
    sonia January 12, 2012 at 4:57 pm |

so what is exactly feathers about?? by raymond..I have to write a summary and response for this but i dont understand the story..someone help me !