1. Lou
    Lou July 2, 2009 at 5:34 am |

Maybe it’s just me, but I think you’re trying to tell us something with all your talk about swallowing and grabbing balls. Someone somewhere suggested you’re a lesbian, but now I wonder.

2. AngelaW
    AngelaW July 2, 2009 at 5:49 pm |

Not sure what’s going on but this episode is not coming up on my Zune.

3. NJ JIM
    NJ JIM July 4, 2009 at 4:07 am |

I decided to follow The Atlantic link while listening. Was the version you read, Miette, a revised version than The Atlantic’s? There are often differences between the words of both. Curious.

miette July 4, 2009 at 7:09 am |

Hi NJ– it’s the Fourth of July, when you’re supposed to be drinking beer and trying not to firecracker your fingers off, not sedulously listening to and reading along to literature. You’re my kind of guy.

I read the story as printed in The Stories of Breece D’J Pancake (Back Bay Books), and a quick comparison of that to the version the Atlantic originally published does show some editorial differences — nothing that seems to impact narrative or style, but it must’ve been an interesting exercise for you. Would love to know if you had a strong reaction to one version over the other.

Now go light up the sky and eat hotdogs, for the love of America.
    Xo

miette July 4, 2009 at 8:12 am |

Angela: odd! I don’t have a Zune, but it works overe here on iStuff. Jot an email if you want– maybe we can fix it? Miette(@)miettecast(.)com. I love this story & would hate for you to miss it.

6. CJ
    CJ July 4, 2009 at 11:22 pm |

Ce n’est pas en iTunes. C’est un peu triste, parce-que je voudrais ecouter avec mon iPod, mais, c’est pas mal–vous pouvez telecharger quand vous voulez.

miette July 5, 2009 at 3:33 am |

Ooof– il fonctionne maintenant. Merci!

Hi again Angela: it looks like my feed was off hiking the Appalachian Trail. If you Zune it now, you should have better luck.

Xo

8. AngelaW
    AngelaW July 6, 2009 at 3:56 pm |

Ahh the poor Appalachian Trail will never be the same now.
    It appears on Zune now. Thanks.