1. Tara
    Tara November 13, 2007 at 2:56 am |

Thank you so much, Miette! This totally made my night!

2. Daniel
    Daniel November 28, 2007 at 4:42 am |

So… here’s the story.

After a couple dozen years without the capability of carrying my entire CD collection around on my person… I caved and bought and iPod 3 days ago.

I found this thing called a “podcast”. And in this discovery, I found your podcasts… I have to admit, I’ve only listed to, oh, about 5 minutes of one of the readings (The Fly), but I can tell that I’ll enjoy these muchly.

Technology. Absolutely amazing. 🙂

3. Fariha
    Fariha April 7, 2009 at 11:49 am |

hi,, i would be so glad if u upload the text as well.. thanks

4. Fariha
    Fariha April 7, 2009 at 11:51 am |

oops sorry.. u have it here 😀

5. Rula
    Rula April 9, 2010 at 7:40 pm |

interesting read and listen. What a nightmare situation; I wonder if it was based on a true event. I liked how Oates established the mundane so well in the beginning followed by a total destruction of normalcy, how Connie abstracts from the situation in dealing with it. It seems a very realistic emotional response, at least to me anyway.

6. KayKay
    KayKay May 12, 2010 at 9:32 pm |

I wish I could listen to your podcast…but I can barely hear you and my volume is all maxed out

miette May 15, 2010 at 3:12 am |

Rula, yes, yes yes. She does this better than just about anybody, and she does it consistently. The common knowledge is that it’s not at all based on a true event, but a Bob Dylan song. Hell only knows whether there’s any sense in -that-.

And, KayKay, you’re absolutely right! This one was mega QUIET. I’ve bumped up the sound levels quite a bit and you should be able to listen now (you may need to clear out your cache to load the new version). Happy listenin’.

8. Steve
    Steve August 18, 2011 at 3:22 am |

Fabulous reading. The langorous wine-slurping + kitchen-background-noises (chopping onions?) at once cosily framed as well as accentuated the brooding menace that creeps up on one in this tale.

9. Acaldwell
    Acaldwell June 2, 2012 at 4:06 pm |

Thanks so much for reading this piece. I listened to your Podcast for “A Rose For Emily.” I don’t know you but love that you are so honest and discreet at the same time. I feel like I know you in some way. You read magically….. Keep drinking! And thank you again