1. i
    i April 10, 2007 at 9:00 am |

I think, for a variety of random reasons, this was the perfect random selection for right now. I’ve really liked listening to you read and this one was especially good.

2. tinach
    tinach April 19, 2007 at 4:06 pm |

A wonderful story. Thanks for reading it.

3. Colin Garrett
    Colin Garrett May 19, 2009 at 4:35 am |

Fans of Graham Greene might like to look at the above web site.

4. Diane Cobb
    Diane Cobb May 19, 2009 at 5:27 pm |

I enjoyed this story. The 2 (actually 3) people came through so clearly. I also particularly enjoyed another story called, I think, “Mr. Andrews.” Do you ever tell short stories of Isak Dinesin?
    Your voice has a nice intrigue about it. Sometimes, for me, it brings life to a story that might need it. I really appreciate the service to all of us your stories bring–a nice snippet of relief and distraction at the end of what can be an exhausting day.
    Tell you the truth, the dog sometimes drives me nuts, altho it may be part of your mystique (“Love me enough to pay for it thru hearing the story thru all the dog yaps”).

I’d love to hear stories with an exotic, magical, and puzzling twist to them. Maybe something from Jelal-uddin-Rumi.

I looked on the Internet to see a photo of you, but of course (how silly of me), there was none.

Thank you for the fun and intrigue of your podcast! Diane C.

miette May 21, 2009 at 9:09 am |

Hi Diane,

You might have read my mind. I love Dinesen and plan to read something from Winter’s Tales soon. Stay tooned.

And my dog drives me nuts sometimes too. So rather than enhancing the mystique, perhaps the dog’s just bringing us all closer together?

Thanks for listnin’.

6. Elle
    Elle October 23, 2011 at 4:37 pm |

Hello, Miette;
    What a delightful way to end an evening–listening to your voice–lingering so respectively over the language and words of this story. I saw this dramatized in 1978 on BBC TV and never forgot those two people so lonely and looking for solace and understanding. Each chained to narcissistic and non-kind spouses. You communciated this theme impeccably. Thank you!
    Elle in San Francisco

7. He protests too much | gabriel's wharf
    He protests too much | gabriel's wharf December 16, 2011 at 1:20 am |

[…] Greene. “Two Gentle People.” Complete Short Stories. […]

8. Basir Borhani
    Basir Borhani February 8, 2014 at 3:16 am |

Thank you so much. It was a great help.