1. Keith
    Keith November 23, 2006 at 4:12 am |

I’ve only just started this listening to this story, but it is an absolute pleasure. Well, it was right up until I accidentally hit the back button and it went away. Maybe I’ll try downloading this time around….

Thanks for the reading.

2. Wacky Lisa
    Wacky Lisa November 25, 2006 at 8:08 am |

I think my brain exploded at some point during that story….
    Thank you for reading it.
    Now, to go detox my brain. 😉

3. Amarie
    Amarie December 5, 2006 at 7:05 am |

I’m utterly addicted to your podcast. I’ve turned some of my friends onto it as well. Such unique stories you bring to us…

As I actually listen to your podcast at bedtime, you can probably take a thought to the dreams my subconscious assimilates after the bizarre imagery that you offer through the literature you read.

This one “Except for the Sickness…” is one of my favorites just now. And the one about the cats singing in the tree… I can’t recall the title offshot, but I’ve been eyeing my cat suspiciously ever since. 😉 Hope all is well and I look forward to your next choice of words.
    – Amarie

4. Bert
    Bert December 12, 2006 at 5:46 pm |

It is indeed addictive! I listen to the stories in bed on an mp3 player. Don’t ever stop!

Bert

5. Sara
    Sara January 4, 2007 at 5:50 pm |

I think my brain exploded too! Of course, it is a bit atrophied from all the tissue culture (which is monotonous as ever).

I have to admit, the stories like this one and like My Bludgeon and the Bobbed White, have me chuckling to myself, amused, but completely confused. Is the narrator having hallucinations? Is this some sort of alternate reality where people generally do transfigure themselves into birds?

I wish there were some sort of “Literature for Dummies” online remediation course to explain it all to me, since I am one of Those Who Take Things Too Literally. I loved listening to this story because I found it funny, but what is it really about?Thoughts?

6. Billy
    Billy January 11, 2007 at 5:39 pm |

I think my head exploded after I pictured the varicose veins!

I don’t know. Is it really possible to use that much symbolism and still get some kind of meaning out of it?

Let me think some more…

blue, falling, birds, giant paintings, people looking,

Hmmm

7. Kehlar
    Kehlar November 3, 2008 at 12:50 pm |

Is Thomas Glynn a still living author? If not when was he writing?