So, Ilf and Petrov met while working on a newspaper for railway workers, which is intriguing to me. For starters, where’s the podcastresses’ newspaper, and why have I not been invited to participate? My life’s literary collaborator could be waiting there, slinging the pen on the audio-coding equivalent to pieces on socialism and coal hauling, and if he or she is really someone destined to be -my- partner in literary fiendishness, well, better hurry cause Yr Miette is become quite skilled, multiple personalitily speaking. Maybe it’s just that I’m pretty sure I’d feel right at home in pre-war Soviet Russia. And, ehh, I don’t mean that in any sort of nationalistic way. I mean, if Ilf and Petrov managed…
Bonus: treats by email
Keep my lights on – buy an audiobook
Icelander, by Dustin Long.
(more coming very soon)
- The Balloon, Donald Barthelme (3)
- Esims: Ew you just burped during a podcast! It is disgusting ;_;
- The Winter Journey (Le Voyage D’Hiver) (4)
- Steve Lawson: Dear Mme. Miette, if I may request a story not already in your podcast ology, I have had a lifelong...
- The Pukey (4)
- Cathy Haustein: I love this story and teach it in one of my courses. It always evokes strong emotions.
- The Bound Man (7)
- Elliseh Tobias: Here’s a puzzle. I keep listening and I seem to never get to the end. Why?
- The Diary of a Madman (8)
- Ostara: Thank you, l needed a bedtime story. You voice, as always, so soothing.