1. matt
    matt March 9, 2006 at 5:11 pm |

I’m sure you’ve already gotten a ton of comments about how there are no spoonerisms in your example eponyms, so I won’t rub that in too much.

So, I’ll mainly just say that your podcasts are great. Full of homey ambiance and comfortingly casual production values. Thanks for doing them!

2. mtte
    mtte March 9, 2006 at 5:20 pm |

What a lotten rack of pies. You bake it tack!

But: I know there are no -actual- spoonerisms, and although I’m confident in my ability to backpedal out of that by digging into my example sentence, the truth is, I had visions of invoking spoonerismatics in that example, and never got around to it, and, of course, didn’t copyedit myself. That, and I wanted to be able to say “spoony,” to see what weird searches would be sent my way. But it’s even better this way: I get to keep my “spoony” -and- throw in a “lotten back of pies.” So you’ve made my day.

And “comfortingly casual” might be the nicest thing that’s ever been said about my production values. Many prefer “eardrum-shattering,” “wretched,” or “sophomoric.”

3. Byshyp
    Byshyp March 16, 2006 at 8:28 pm |

awkwardly familiar

4. Scoot
    Scoot March 21, 2006 at 1:24 pm |

I must admit, though, that I guessed the outcome of this story within the first minute or so. (Maybe I read it a long time ago.) That doesn’t detract from your wonderful reading, however!

5. HoppyC1
    HoppyC1 March 27, 2006 at 5:29 am |

Enjoyed the “Charles” reading immensely!

Thanks.

6. Tyler
    Tyler April 15, 2007 at 10:10 pm |

great, funny story

7. ali
    ali September 25, 2007 at 3:12 pm |

u need help writin an essay on charles….it has to do with its settings..attitudes…plot..and characters..please help me

8. Bronwyn
    Bronwyn October 2, 2007 at 9:30 pm |

OMG!Where can i find a place to read this book online! I have it for Homework, but I left the book in my locker!! AHHHHHH!

9. PDM
    PDM November 1, 2009 at 11:18 am |

Thanks for this service. Its a great story and to hear it read by you with such a wonderful warm voice full of impressions, clearness and intonations of the English language.