The Rain Collector

by Ungeheuer, K.

Chances are, you’re going to listen to today’s podcast and think: “That’s it?” Or “maybe the audio file got cut off… I’m missing half the story!” Or “Miette’s such a lazy snot to pick such a short story.” But the truth is: I am lazy, it’s true, but that’s never stopped me in the past from reading much longer pieces, you know this! However, the next one, the very special one, is going to be among the longest ever podcasted, and I wanted to make sure you were ready and well-rested for it. Otherwise, well, it’d be like a twenty-mile run the day before a marathon, a bender in your wedding dress during the rehearsal dinner, blowing your diet the day before the final weigh-in, that sort of thing (and I think Alanis Morrissette made a song about this once, and if she didn’t and is reading, it’s all yours, madam). In short: I do it, this thing, this mighty short (intentionally short!) podcast because… well, because… because I CAN! Oof, I mean because I CARE!

1. Byshyp
    Byshyp February 13, 2006 at 9:24 pm |

Well, it looks like I’m off to the library again…

Why have I not heard of these people? What rock have I been living under?

2. mtte.
    mtte. February 16, 2006 at 3:13 pm |

Ah, but that’s why Miette is here, right? Never you fear; I spent far too much time searching in and under rocks for -just- the right storytellers, and I strongly suspect you wouldn’t envy the role (it’s dirty under rocks, and full of bugs). But: enjoy… I’ve been waiting a while to spring Unge on the Internet. And a tip: google him; there’s a great online resource including this and other short short short stories.
    Mtte

3. K Ungeheuer
    K Ungeheuer February 17, 2006 at 12:37 am |

Ahhhh Miette. Thank you for gracing my tale with your angelic voice. You chose one of my personal favorites. The online resource mentioned above is probably the only resource you’ll find. It’s at http://www.cockroach.org. Thank you again. I’m honored. Most sincerely, K. Ungeheuer ….wait, aren’t I dead? (I hope I don’t ruin it with: http://www.cockroach.org/truth.htm)

4. mtte
    mtte February 17, 2006 at 1:18 am |

Are you kidding, your truth is a legend and your stories are awe-inspiring. I’m glad you approve of the hijacked reading.

5. Byshyp
    Byshyp February 19, 2006 at 9:37 pm |

I love it!

6. mtte
    mtte February 20, 2006 at 7:08 am |

Excellent… I _knew_ you would; couldn’t be more pleased. Stay tuned for a big day tomorrow.