Don’t let the title of tonight’s bedtime story deceive you… this is actually an affair of considerable importance. Consider, for example, the success that is XBox. Or the X-Men. Or X-Treme Sports, for that matters. And the importance of X as a roman numeral. Or X as a universal icon of the unknown. And if you found the point marked X on a treasure map, well then, it would be a very important affair indeed. Or… what if you were a tad compulsive about certain things, like, oh… I don’t know… say you had a podcast, and wanted an alphabetically complete archive of authors? And if you’d finally found your X, wouldn’t you just be Xtatic, at least, if you were typing out the word in cellphone shorthand? Yes, I’ll bet you would.
Bonus: treats by email
Keep my lights on – buy an audiobook
Icelander, by Dustin Long.
(more coming very soon)
- A Little Cloud, by James Joyce (4)
- Eric B.: Lovely, as ever, and much-needed.
- Maria: Dear Miette, I am thrilled to see that you have not forgotten us. I still go back through your collection of...
- John: Thank you Miette! I’ve enjoyed listening to every podcast you have published. I’d love to hear that...
- R. W.: Hurrah!! I’ve been waiting for this! Miette, you’ve made my week!
- A Mother (3)
- Liz Ladd: Missed you this Bloomsday, Miette! Perhaps The Dead, someday? I’d definitely contribute to a crowd...