Well, I didn’t think I’d pull this off. A particularly invidious houseguest in the form of streptococcal has left my coccyx surprisingly unscatched, but the pharynx, well, I don’t recall gargling with rusted staples after my razorblade dinner, but gosh it hurts in there. And so here I sit, throatily challenged to forego my Saturday podcast, but, compulsive as I am, couldn’t stand the thought. And so, after finding the shortest Miette-worthy pod to cast today, I quickly numbed it up with a half pint of raspberry sorbet, then before the anaesthetic thawed, raced through Paley. If I take another bite of sorbet I might even be able to screech out a final whew, but otherwise, for today, that’s all she wrote.
Bonus: treats by email
Keep my lights on – buy an audiobook
Icelander, by Dustin Long.
(more coming very soon)
- The Masque of the Red Death, Edgar Allan Poe (5)
- StarShipSofa: 30;] Masque of the Red Death Edgar Allen Poe http://podcastle.org/2010/10/2 9/podcastle-miniature-56-...
- A Little Cloud, by James Joyce (4)
- Eric B.: Lovely, as ever, and much-needed.
- Maria: Dear Miette, I am thrilled to see that you have not forgotten us. I still go back through your collection of...
- John: Thank you Miette! I’ve enjoyed listening to every podcast you have published. I’d love to hear that...
- R. W.: Hurrah!! I’ve been waiting for this! Miette, you’ve made my week!