Well, I didn’t think I’d pull this off. A particularly invidious houseguest in the form of streptococcal has left my coccyx surprisingly unscatched, but the pharynx, well, I don’t recall gargling with rusted staples after my razorblade dinner, but gosh it hurts in there. And so here I sit, throatily challenged to forego my Saturday podcast, but, compulsive as I am, couldn’t stand the thought. And so, after finding the shortest Miette-worthy pod to cast today, I quickly numbed it up with a half pint of raspberry sorbet, then before the anaesthetic thawed, raced through Paley. If I take another bite of sorbet I might even be able to screech out a final whew, but otherwise, for today, that’s all she wrote.
Bonus: treats by email
Keep my lights on – buy an audiobook
Icelander, by Dustin Long.
(more coming very soon)
- The Balloon, Donald Barthelme (3)
- Esims: Ew you just burped during a podcast! It is disgusting ;_;
- The Winter Journey (Le Voyage D’Hiver) (4)
- Steve Lawson: Dear Mme. Miette, if I may request a story not already in your podcast ology, I have had a lifelong...
- The Pukey (4)
- Cathy Haustein: I love this story and teach it in one of my courses. It always evokes strong emotions.
- The Bound Man (7)
- Elliseh Tobias: Here’s a puzzle. I keep listening and I seem to never get to the end. Why?
- The Diary of a Madman (8)
- Ostara: Thank you, l needed a bedtime story. You voice, as always, so soothing.