It’s been a long week Au Pays De Miette, signified, I suppose, by the fact that we’ve gone quite a few days without a new podcast. And to complicate things, I’ve just posted a new one which, like the Fante or the Murdoch or the Dostoevsky, is close to my cuffs. That is to say (if you’re keeping tabs of my most loved writers to build Miette’s Book Recommendation Engine (and of course you are!)) that Perec makes my heart skip along to the rhythm of a 9th-grade-drumline, which is to say, the rhythm of irrhythmically loud. Which is all a long and lame excuse for the rushed and/or sloppy reading: I love Perec, see, and so my heart was beating too loudly for my mouth to have any say in the matter.
Bonus: treats by email
Keep my lights on – buy an audiobook
Icelander, by Dustin Long.
(more coming very soon)
- Houses (Guest narrator: Patrick Scott) (2)
- Fox: This is one of my favorites! I never get tired of listening to it.
- Everything (3)
- Johanna: I can totally be misinterpreting this story, but it seems that the speaker is too analytical with his child...
- A Mother (2)
- Excited Listener: THANK YOU FOR ANOTHER STORY! I’ve missed you and your voice. Please read more. You really...
- The Lady of the House of Love (5)
- Paul Perry: …what a joy !, one of my favourites, read by an enigmatic and alluring northern lass, in a perfect...
- Counterparts (1)
- Eric R.: I missed hearing your reading too. Thank you so much.