Is there anything, and I mean anything, italics and all, better than a good fortuitous bookend to a good podcast? Not only does this story have one of the best first lines of all stories (“It was the middle of August and Myers was between lives,” that’s right, shaazam!), but the 9:54 bus, usually a harbinger of noisome bus distraction to many a clear podcast, passes just at the last line, in perfect atmospheric equanimity. Yes, I’m excited by this.
Bonus: treats by email
Keep my lights on – buy an audiobook
Icelander, by Dustin Long.
(more coming very soon)
- A Little Cloud, by James Joyce (4)
- Eric B.: Lovely, as ever, and much-needed.
- Maria: Dear Miette, I am thrilled to see that you have not forgotten us. I still go back through your collection of...
- John: Thank you Miette! I’ve enjoyed listening to every podcast you have published. I’d love to hear that...
- R. W.: Hurrah!! I’ve been waiting for this! Miette, you’ve made my week!
- A Mother (3)
- Liz Ladd: Missed you this Bloomsday, Miette! Perhaps The Dead, someday? I’d definitely contribute to a crowd...