Is there anything, and I mean anything, italics and all, better than a good fortuitous bookend to a good podcast? Not only does this story have one of the best first lines of all stories (“It was the middle of August and Myers was between lives,” that’s right, shaazam!), but the 9:54 bus, usually a harbinger of noisome bus distraction to many a clear podcast, passes just at the last line, in perfect atmospheric equanimity. Yes, I’m excited by this.
Bonus: treats by email
Keep my lights on – buy an audiobook
Icelander, by Dustin Long.
(more coming very soon)
- The Scarlet Ibis (Unabridged) (23)
- Denise: Hi there. This is the same Denise who requested this story nearly 11 years ago. I came back, listened again,...
- The Masque of the Red Death, Edgar Allan Poe (5)
- StarShipSofa: 30;] Masque of the Red Death Edgar Allen Poe http://podcastle.org/2010/10/2 9/podcastle-miniature-56-...
- A Little Cloud, by James Joyce (4)