This was recorded from the verdant overgrown idyll overlooked by my fire escape (which, if you can ignore the fact that you have to climb out a window to get to it, and get over the fact that you’re squatting on metal bars, and that it’s, you know, ILLEGAL, is just like a terrace. A balcony! A rooftop!). It’s quiet back there, a few birds even which might prove a fine soundtrack, and while I was squinting to find my own piece of urban green, if you close your eyes on your own while listening, you might imagine yourself with Cocteau, running from the cops and dolling yourself up for a Bosom Buddies-style hideaway in a Marseilles bordello. Or. Not?
Bonus: treats by email
Keep my lights on – buy an audiobook
Icelander, by Dustin Long.
(more coming very soon)
- The Balloon, Donald Barthelme (3)
- Esims: Ew you just burped during a podcast! It is disgusting ;_;
- The Winter Journey (Le Voyage D’Hiver) (4)
- Steve Lawson: Dear Mme. Miette, if I may request a story not already in your podcast ology, I have had a lifelong...
- The Pukey (4)
- Cathy Haustein: I love this story and teach it in one of my courses. It always evokes strong emotions.
- The Bound Man (7)
- Elliseh Tobias: Here’s a puzzle. I keep listening and I seem to never get to the end. Why?
- The Diary of a Madman (8)
- Ostara: Thank you, l needed a bedtime story. You voice, as always, so soothing.