This was recorded from the verdant overgrown idyll overlooked by my fire escape (which, if you can ignore the fact that you have to climb out a window to get to it, and get over the fact that you’re squatting on metal bars, and that it’s, you know, ILLEGAL, is just like a terrace. A balcony! A rooftop!). It’s quiet back there, a few birds even which might prove a fine soundtrack, and while I was squinting to find my own piece of urban green, if you close your eyes on your own while listening, you might imagine yourself with Cocteau, running from the cops and dolling yourself up for a Bosom Buddies-style hideaway in a Marseilles bordello. Or. Not?
Bonus: treats by email
Keep my lights on – buy an audiobook
Icelander, by Dustin Long.
(more coming very soon)
- A Little Cloud, by James Joyce (4)
- Eric B.: Lovely, as ever, and much-needed.
- Maria: Dear Miette, I am thrilled to see that you have not forgotten us. I still go back through your collection of...
- John: Thank you Miette! I’ve enjoyed listening to every podcast you have published. I’d love to hear that...
- R. W.: Hurrah!! I’ve been waiting for this! Miette, you’ve made my week!
- A Mother (3)
- Liz Ladd: Missed you this Bloomsday, Miette! Perhaps The Dead, someday? I’d definitely contribute to a crowd...