For at least the last five or six minutes of this reading, I was stifling an enormous sneeze, which came out promptly the second I rushed to stop recording (there may or may not have left physical evidence of the sneeze’s disdain for having been ignored for so long… but I’d never tell). Oddly, I hadn’t given thought to the end of the story, and, for reasons better understood if you listen all through, by the end was stifling a laugh on top of the sneeze, and am presently thankful that I did not explode altogether from all these stifled physiological demands. Thankful, of course, that my atoms remained together long enough, at least, to post the story.
Bonus: treats by email
Keep my lights on – buy an audiobook
Icelander, by Dustin Long.
(more coming very soon)
- The Balloon, Donald Barthelme (3)
- Esims: Ew you just burped during a podcast! It is disgusting ;_;
- The Winter Journey (Le Voyage D’Hiver) (4)
- Steve Lawson: Dear Mme. Miette, if I may request a story not already in your podcast ology, I have had a lifelong...
- The Pukey (4)
- Cathy Haustein: I love this story and teach it in one of my courses. It always evokes strong emotions.
- The Bound Man (7)
- Elliseh Tobias: Here’s a puzzle. I keep listening and I seem to never get to the end. Why?
- The Diary of a Madman (8)
- Ostara: Thank you, l needed a bedtime story. You voice, as always, so soothing.