The Sin of Jesus

by Babel, Isaac

More About the Story:

More About the Author:

Babel: exposition follows drama, form follows function, violence follows funny, and sin is quickly and heartily followed by impossible Russo-Jewish names.

UPDATE 6th January 2010: re-recorded below thanks to the persuasive efforts of the few and mighty. A good thing, too, as it’s been a while since I’ve had the chance to say things like “slut” in the voice of god.

1. Scoot
    Scoot April 22, 2005 at 4:39 pm |

Both this story and the previous one are old favorites of mine that I’ve shared with others in the past, so I’m so glad to see them here–and know I’m in for a treat. Thanks!

2. Scoot
    Scoot May 6, 2005 at 2:03 am |

Uh-oh, Miette! This one is cut short at the end… I hope you’ll try again; it’s a great and very funny story, and read it with a real twinkle in your (unseen) eye.

miette May 7, 2005 at 4:05 am |

Really? A shame– I love this one too! I’ll try and patch it up just for you…

4. Jimmy
    Jimmy December 26, 2009 at 9:12 am |

Yes, it’s still cutting short. But I love the way you read this one, full of funny spots. Love it when you say “He took off his belt and beat her… like a hero! Right on the belly!” HA.

I just discovered your podcast and I love it! Looking forward to listening to them all.

5. Jimmy
    Jimmy December 26, 2009 at 2:48 pm |

My mistake. Actually, it cuts off in the middle of a sentence, but I think the ending of the story is the last full sentence you read, not the one that got cut off. I just checked the text.

miette December 28, 2009 at 8:59 am |

You know, this is way too good as a story to be subjected to the likely insufferable production values. On one more AYE vote I’ll rerecord. xo and happy New Year.

7. PScott
    PScott January 1, 2010 at 9:55 pm |

Aye. I havent listened yet but i dont wanna start unless it’s the newest, brightest version.

miette January 6, 2010 at 6:04 am |

Okay, you win! The new and improved and squeaky clean version is above, if there’s anything squeaky clean about loose ladies and smothering angels.