1. Bret
    Bret March 12, 2005 at 11:17 pm |

Thank you so much for doing what you are doing.

2. Scoot
    Scoot March 13, 2005 at 3:25 pm |

I was going to start my podcasts with Chekhov, too! But I’m glad you did it first–I’m looking forward to listening to this next. Thanks.

3. Scoor
    Scoor March 15, 2005 at 5:08 am |

A delightfully funny story and a wonderful performance of it. Thanks!

4. Ruth
    Ruth May 6, 2008 at 3:41 pm |

Hi,
    Just a few hours ago I read this story aloud to one of my dear friend in hospice care. She delighted in the story AND in the reading of it to her. Reading out loud is a fine art form we need to keep alive. Thanks for your rendition. I enjoyed listening to it myself. (I’ve also added your reading of it to a course web page on 19th Century Russian Short Stories. I’m happy to see so many pictures, videos, oral renditions, adaptations, etc. online. Whoever says that Internet is a “waste of time” ought to get online more often! RK

5. Elizabeth
    Elizabeth August 1, 2009 at 7:04 pm |

Oh, thank you!

6. Michèlle
    Michèlle June 13, 2011 at 11:22 pm |

Your website is truly awesome! I cannot begin to say thanks for it has saved my behind a few times this semester, for I have found many of the stories I have to read for class here. It sure helps when time is short. I’ll play them in the car or while I’m cooking or simply just in bed. Point is they have helped me sooooooo much and I cannot give enough thanks! =)

7. AH
    AH April 30, 2013 at 3:47 pm |

Sometimes it’s because my eyes are tired, other times maybe my whole brain is tired, but I’m not quite ready to fall asleep just yet, and so I turn to Miette for her lilting voice to tell me a story. I’m so grateful to have someone like her be there to tuck me into bed and send me on a journey, quieting my mind and preparing me to dream.